Followers

Thursday, March 26, 2015

a modeling paste experiment.

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I was using my stencils, modeling paste, and Gelatos to make these two cards.

 On this one I used Gelatos to color the background. I then used some modeling paste and a DCWV stencil. After the paste dried I added the Spellbinders 'Happy Birthday" and some punched flowers.
This card started out with black card stock. I mixed several colors of Gelatos with the modeling paste because I wanted a rainbow. I again used a DCWV stencil, the Spellbinders die, and a punched flower. 
It was on this card that I began my experiment. I made too much colored modeling paste when I was making the card. I really didn't want to waste it but I didn't have anything to put it in. What to do? I took out some wax paper and another stencil and put on the paste. 
 Would the idea in my head work?
Once the paste dried I tried to peel it off the wax paper. Nope. Then I used my xacto knife. Yep. Now I had a bunch of little 'tile' shapes.
Here are the cards I made:
 The stencil I used is The Crafter's Workshop Mini Deco Doily (Balzer Designs).
Parts of this one has crystal accents to give it some shine. 
I made some more 'tiles' this morning:
I used the Crafter's Workshop Mini Layered Beads (Balzer Designs) to make this card:
A little bit of the Mary Englebreitt style with a Unity stamp. 
 
These are cards that I would probable hand deliver because the 'tiles' can be fragile. A clear topcoat would help make them sturdier. 
I hope you enjoy this technique for making your own tiles. I'd love to see what you make if you decide to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!