Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Challenges

Hi Everyone! 

This week's challenge at PaperCrafters Corner is another Halloween themed magazine cover. 


I really liked the blues and purple colors and used them to make my card.


I used Unity's Create Your Day by Susan K. Weckesser.   I created a simple little scene and colored it with Prismacolor colored pencils. I love the whimsical look of these stamps. I also love the sentiment "Create your Day". It's something I try to do. 

Surprisingly, this also fits the autumn Create to Live challenge on Susan's blog


The colors are similar and the challenge to 'Enjoy the Simple Things" works as well. Just looking at this image and my card reminds me of simpler, childhood days spent drawing and coloring. 

I thought you might want a little update on my afghan.


So far I have made 5 of these squares. It took almost a whole 1 pound skein. I realized I'm going to need 2 more skeins of yarn to complete the afghan. :)

Have a great week!!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun little card with that sweet little house. I love it's whimsical simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. drawing and coloring, life couldn't be sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love these stamps! Nice afghan square too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! And the afghan is going to be gorgeous - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your home scene and the style of the afghan so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just charming!!!! LOVE the simple images and the sweet coloring you did.
    Fabulous work on your afghan!! It already looks wonderfully warm and snuggly!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!