Followers

Friday, May 2, 2014

Celebrate!

Hi Everyone!

There's a few fun things going on this weekend. I'll start off with my entry for Papercrafter's Corner Magazine Monday's week 49 entry. First, the inspiration:
I wasn't sure what to do so I picked out the colors and the car to make a Father's Day card.
I used the May 2011 KOM and the May 2013 KOM

My original idea for this challenge was an ATC but I smeared it :(
  I'm showing it anyway. The year on the magazine cover is 1958 and on the card are just a couple facts about the year.
I was playing with my Crayola watercolors for the backgrounds on both these ATCs. The second card was just because I had the KOMs out and went ahead and used them :) I used a technique my sister told me about. While the paint is still wet you sprinkle on salt and let it dry. Brush it off and your left with a splotchy effect. 

Now...the reason to celebrate.
Yesterday was Unity's 6th Birthday and they're celebrating all weekend with 56% off using the code UNITY6.
Tomorrow is (inter)National Scrapbooking Day! Some sites (including Papercrafter's Corner) are starting today. I'm clearing the card making off my table and setting up the scrapbooking supplies so I'll be ready to scrap the weekend away.
Finally...Today is MY BIRTHDAY!

13 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, but perhaps more importantly - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you get to spend the weekend being crafty, as you hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card. And many happy returns of the day. I hope you have a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful creations... I never did check out the crayon watercoloring, guess I need to go do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and fun ATCs! I will have to give the salt technique a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and great Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful! I've heard of the salt technique, but haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great take on the inspiration pic! Your card rocks as does your ATC's! I never tried that salt technique, but it really looks like fun! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great cards…I don't see a "smear" but a beautiful card. I've never heard of the salt technique. Thanks for sharing…love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice creations. Didn't notice a smear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great "man" card! Those are hard for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!