Followers

Friday, July 18, 2014

Ink & Alcohol

Hi Everyone!
It's been a busy week for me. My daughter injured her knee :( Since she can't drag me out anywhere I took today to play with some inks and rubbing alcohol. It's a technique my daughter found online. 
I started with Unity's color challenge
 And here is my card:
To make it I added Colorbox & Distress inks to a craft mat. I sprayed the inks with water and tilted the mat to get them to blend. I pressed a piece of watercolor paper into the wet ink until it was covered. While the paper was still wet I splashed on the rubbing alcohol. It makes it look like the galaxy print. I love this technique!

 For the PaperCrafter's Corner Challenge there is this colorful magazine cover. 

And here's my card:
On this card I used the Colorbox Crafter's ink. I added the ink with a cosmetic sponge directly to the watercolor paper and then sprayed it with water. The ink hardly bled at all. It also didn't react to the alcohol.
I used Unity's Insightful Meadows on both cards. The 'Thank You' is from the Blossom Stackers.

I hope you have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Oh I like them both, very much! This stamp set is so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both as well! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun technique! Love the colors you blended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh stunning!!!!! How cool is that magazine cover :D
    xxx
    Riette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great techniques on your wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for explaining the technique. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've worked wonders with the flowers. Both beautiful cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are two real pretty cards! I love the way you stamped the images and added color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it fun to experiment with all those inky techniques?! They both made great backgrounds. I want to try them now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool effect you achieved girl. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful bg u have created... love both...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, gorgeous cards! I'll have to try these techniques, your cards turned out beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!