Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I said I would

A few weeks ago Clearsnap had a Twitter chat with Susan Weckesser. It was GREAT! During this chat we got on the topic of texture paste. I've had it for a while but I was afraid to use it. Susan really encouraged me to give it a try. I told her I would for her challenge and here it is....

Since I don't have any tools to apply the texture paste I used the tools I have all the time...my fingers. We talked about that too ;)
While making this I realized a couple things. 
The canvas I used was from the Michael's dollar bins. It originally had fruit or something on it. Although ok for altering it's not taut enough to stamp on. 
Which leads me to my next discovery. 
After stamping the image with StazOn I then colored it with Big Brush pens. Since I used a clear stamp I figured I'd stamp over the the image again once I finished the coloring. I guess I didn't wait long enough because instead of adding the black back on the image it took off the brush pen and left white lines. I actually like it that way.
Hope you'll join in the challenge on Susan Weckesser's blog.
*I know the chat was with Clearsnap but my Gelatos were feeling so neglected.*

5 comments:

  1. Gorrrrgeous..the textures are fab...love it!!
    So glad you linked up at my sweet earth.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this canvas turned out and love the look of the white lines from your "happy accident"! (I also love that your gelatos were feeling neglected so you had to add them in too). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used my favourite tool JP and yes all ten of mine sometimes get used :) Thanks for being brave - bet you love texture paste now and for joining in at My Sweet Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your creation!!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!